DtBlkFx is a Fast-Fourier-Transform (FFT) spectral processing plug-in.
Precision parametric equalizing with sharp-roll off:
- Set the frequencies so accurately that you can adjust individual harmonics of a sound.
- Frequency resolutions of up to 0.7 Hz.
Harmonic based (or comb) filtering:
- Set a fundamental frequency and adjust the level of it and its harmonics – you can even remove the pitched component of a voice.
- Active harmonic tracking – let DtBlkFx automatically track a sound and adjust the level of its harmonics.
Various types of noise control:
- Change the “contrast” between loud and soft frequency components.
- Adjust only those frequencies below or above a particular threshold.
- Clip frequencies above a particular threshold.
- Sound smearing (phase randomizing).
- Harmonic shifting by a fixed number of notes.
- Non-harmonic shifting by a fixed frequency.
- Active harmonic repitch – the content of your sound is monitored and re-pitched to a destination note.
- Standard (frequency enveloping) – make your trumpet rap, string section sing or synthesizer talk.
- Harmonic based – harmonics in one channel are power-matched to those in the other (or some predefined waveforms) for a new vocoding sound.
- A harmonic or threshold mask may be set for any effect (apart from vocoding) – for example only shift frequencies that are below the threshold.
Realtime spectrogram (waterfall) display of input and output sounds:
- See what frequency components are in your sound and exactly what you’ve done.
- Use your mouse to see the note & frequency under the pointer.
You can select up to 4 of the above effects to be run in series – combining the effects in this way allows you to make completely new and surprising sounds.